First Appearance: All
Star Comics #8 (December 1941)
Profile for Wonder Woman:
Name – Diana Prince
Age – Approximately 5,000 years old
Height – 6’0 feet
Weight – 135 pounds
Powers – Superhuman strength and speed, Skilled in hand-to-hand combat, Use of sword and shield as well as indestructible bracelets and lasso of truth, ability of flight, and extreme longevity.
Place of origin – Themyscira
Allies – The Justice League, The people of Amazon, Nemesis aka Tom Tresser, Steve Trevor, and Etta Candy.
Enemies – Cheetha, Circe, Ares, Deimos, Hades, Silver Swan, Queen Clea.
Common Character Facts:
- Diana Prince is the daughter of Zesus and Hippolyta.
- Wonder Woman is the Princess of the Amazons.
- She is the only founding member of The Justice League that is female.
- She’s one of the few beings in existence that can wield Thor’s Hammer.
- Wonder Woman is one of the strongest characters in the DC universe with strength that is on par with Superman’s.
- Wonder Woman utilizes an invisible jet.
Uncommon Character Facts:
- She was created by William Moulton Marston to be the model for liberated women.
- Diana Prince’s creator (William Marston) invented a machine similar to the polygraph machine and is believed to have created Wonder Woman’s Lasso of Truth as a reference to his device.
- She can telepathically control the world’s soldiers.
- Wonder Woman ran for President twice.
- While Diana Prince is chronologically 5000 years old, as of the New 52 she is physically 23.
Wonder Woman’s Weapons:
“Lasso of Truth“
- Originally came from Golden Girdle of Gaea that was worn by her aunt Antiope, sister of the queen of Amazon.
- Made by Hephaestus (Best know for making Zeus’ thunderbolt) who also made her bracelets and armor.
- Forces those in its snare to tell the truth.
- Restores forgotten memories.
“Bracelets of Victory/Submission“
- Forged from shield of Zeus (her father) and therefore indestructible.
- When hit together they create blasts of lighting.
- When crossed they create a shield that can block most attacks.
- Help to suppress her powers and keep them in balance.
- Acts as a boomerang when thrown.
- Sharp enough to cut Superman.
- Indestructible breast plate.
- Warrior shirt, pants (briefly), skirts, shorts.
- More casual than her War Suits.
- Entirely made of copper.
- Shoulder plates, breast plates, golden greaves, helmet, wings to protect shoulders and back.
- Worn during large scale battles and conflicts.
- Works against invulnerable beings and can actually kill Superman.
- Sharp enough to split atoms.
- “Sword of Athena” as of the New 52.
- Can hear Queen Desira: Queen of Venus.
- Can act as Gelignite grenades.
- Can also function as walkie-talkies.
- Black Power Ring “only in Blackest Night” gives ability to raise the dead.
- Violet Power Ring: embodies the powers of “Love” and “Emotion”
For more information on Wonder Woman visit DC Comics’ official page: http://www.dccomics.com/characters/wonder-woman